COVID19 related Resources/Information:
- OSPI’s recording of the webinar they did for community-based organizations on P-EBT: https://zoom.us/rec/share/yM1WAJzhzjJJQY3o80DiWKAlPqDJeaa81ycW__ZeykqvWHEm9iDmgZw8PCKQ58Zl?startTime=1592251403000
- OSPI page with the outreach toolkit: https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/press-releases/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-resources/nutrition-meals-guidance/pandemic-ebt-guidance-school-districts
- The Washington State Department of Commerce is now accepting applications for the first round of a new competitive Child Care Partnership grant program. Funding will support grants up to $100,000 each for collaborative efforts that expand child care capacity in communities throughout the state. https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/WADOC/bulletins/290d219
- NW Harvest Town Hall: https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/register/ybcwzbtu
- Your Health During COVID-19 Flyer_Vietnamese
- Your Health During COVID-19 Flyer_Spanish
- Your Health During COVID-19 Flyer_Somali
- Your Health During COVID-19 Flyer_English
Calls to Action:
Housing Resources/ Information:
- Find a nearby Foodbank: https://foodlifeline.org/need-food/
- To order a food box, fill out this online form, or call us Toll-Free at 833-540-0800, Mondays to Fridays from 11am-4pm. Some additional information about this service:
- What’s in a food box? This offers preset 15-25 lb. variety of cases of shelf-stable foods from Food Lifeline. These may include canned meals, canned fruit, canned veggies, pasta, and other miscellaneous items. Some boxes may also contain perishable items like bread or produce with a longer shelf-life. One box is estimated to feed a family of four for approximately 2-4 days. We are currently unable to meet individual allergy and dietary needs. We hope to also offer produce boxes from Food Lifeline in the coming weeks. Clients would be able to order either or both the shelf-stable and produce boxes for delivery.
- Households can reorder as often as they need. We are making deliveries Monday through Friday during the day, and have an option to leave the food box if nobody is home. We hope to deliver boxes 2 to 3 days after the request is received. Requests received on Thursday or Friday will be delivered the following week. If requests exceed our food or delivery capacity, we may adjust the eligibility requirements or frequency of orders.
- The phone line to order includes a language line for interpretation, and our online ordering form is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Chinese (simplified), Amharic, and Russian. We also hope to offer the online ordering form in Somali and Oromo shortly.
- Right now, we are only able to deliver within the City of Seattle, North King County, and East King County. This is due to how the state has structured allocation of these food boxes from Food Lifeline. We are actively working to expand to South King County, and will update you as we are able to do so. If you have questions about a particular zip code, let us know and we can confirm eligibility.